Saturday 18 January 2014

Moelker Math

Cramming, pore over, read, read up on, swot up on, hammer away at, bone up on, burn the midnight oil on, cogitate, apply onself to etc, etc. Plain and simply put; studying. Yay! *waves the little sarcastic sign up*. I have one day left till my first test, thankfully a listening test, French. Pourqoi Francais? Pourqoi tu torture moi??

Besides the obvious anxiety I am feeling for this week I am secretly not very worried. two of the tests will be listening, and another will be a writing exercise where you'll have to write either an argument, an informative texts or a consideration tekst. I have already written all three of them as the subject has been known for a few weeks now. All that I have to do now is memorize the whole damn thing, thrice.

What does worry me, what makes me curl up and weep in a quiet corner of my mind is math and Chemistry. Math feels like doing anal with an eleven inch strap on. It really is like ''THE FORCE OF MAAHHT COMPELLS YOU, BIATCH!". A friend of mine who is in the same math class as me came up with the eleven inch strap on thingie. I Always said to him when we walked to class: ''Please fasten your seatbelts and prepare for mental rape''. I had an interesting conversation with another friend of mine who isn't in the advanced math class. We were talking about the difference between regular math and Moelker math. Moelker is the last name of my math teacher. That man can kill a man with his math, not his thumb, but really like masacre you with the exponentiol growth of a function. There is normal math, then there is advanced math, and then there is Moelker math. In our class we Always say that we vermoelkerd our test. If you've vermoelkerd your test you will not have an F or a zero, but your grade will be a negative figure. But anyway my friend and I were comparing the two and we came to the conclusion that regular math is equal to the safety dance and Moelker math is the flight of the bumblebee on the piano, played with your litte toe.
I am worried about Chemistry as well, but that's just learning, as I do understand it when I have actually learned it. Moelker math on the other hand...

This exam week I want to have outstanding grades. Only sufficient or more than sufficient marks. Even for math. Whether it will work? no idea. Will I'll be shitting myself during the test? Most likely, yes. Being realistic here I want to have at least a six for math. It's higher than my average score and it's a sufficient mark. I'll hang that test on my wall if it's a six. 

For now I am just going to sleep as I am tired as fuck. I skyped with a friend of mine till five in the morning, got three hours of sleep, went to a workshop and made the most awesome game in existence, went home, studied till twelve in the evening and just listened to some music and though about some deep shit till now. I am going to make my game available in a few months for people to download for free. It's a really simple concept. But simple can be good. 

Yours faithfully,
Claire Quiem 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment